How To Fix Access Violation error (Windows)
This is a rare error message that will show up in your "Experts" tab on mt5. This error affects a very small amount of users (usually only Windows 11 users). Typically this error happens because of one or more of these reasons:
- You are using a special version of MT5 not the official one
- Your Windows is not fully up to date
- Your latest version of MT5 is bugged and you need to rollback to a previous version
If you are on Windows 11 that is not version 22621 and above you will need to update your Windows. Please make sure your Windows version is up to date.
If you are on the latest version of Windows and you are using the official version of MT5 and you are still having this error, below is a video walkthrough on how fix this. Below the video are also written steps on how to perform this fix if you prefer written steps.
MT5 version Fix.zip
- Close out of any MetaTrader windows
- Download the attached zip folder called “MT5 Version fix” and unzip it
- Also download the “TradingLabIndicator mac” files inside of the 🚀private-indicator channel within the discord. Unzip this folder as well
- Navigate to “C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5”
- Paste the MT5 3550 .exe files into this folder and overwrite the current .exe files
- Now open MT5, go to Help->About and make sure your MT5 version says “3550”
- Go to "File->open data folder" inside of MT5
- Copy the "IndicatorCustomFunctions.dll" file to MQL5->Libraries
- Copy the "tradinglab.ex5" file to MQL5->Indicators
- Go back into the mt5 window and find the "indicators" tab in the navigation page on the left. Right click and press "refresh"
- Go to Tools->options. Then inside of the "options" menu go to the "Expert Advisors" tab. Make sure "Allow DLL imports" is checked here in this tab
- Drag the indicator file onto the chart. Make sure "Allow DLL imports" is checked in the indicator dependency settings
- Then input your email into the indicator settings email input
- The indicator should now be on your chart. If you do not see it, go to the "Experts" tab in the bottom of your screen and see if there is a error message there.
- Hopefully the indicator is now working for you. Whenever you restart MT5 going forward it's going to ask you to make changes to your device. Make sure you press “No” on this screen. Pressing “No” will prevent MT5 from updating to the latest version. If you accidentally press yes, you will have to redo steps 1 to 7.
- Anytime MT5 asks you to restart for an update please make sure you press “Later” otherwise MT5 will auto update and restart and you will have to redo steps 1 to 7
Make sure you press "No" anytime you see this
Enjoy the indicator :)